Friday 18 December 2015

Is it really the most wonderful time of the year?

They say it's "the most wonderful time of year" and normally I would 100% agree. However it has become very apparent for me this year, exactly how hard Christmas can be for some. What makes it so magical is those special "moments", that could be a loved one you haven't seen in a long time coming home for Christmas, the look on your child's face Christmas morning, watching Xmas movies by the fire with your family etc. But for all the amazing moments that are happening at this time of year there can also a lot of sadness and sorrow too.

Some families are battling their first year without a loved one or even their 10th year, I can't imagine that it becomes any easier as the years go by. Some are spending their first year away from their families or are unable to come home for Xmas. Others are receiving bad news that could change their lives for ever. I think we often forget that even though it's generally pinned as a happy time of year it can also be extremely sad for some. This year it was nice to see some adverts focus on how lonely it can be at this time for older generation, we can all become so consumed with the "magic" and the "hype" that we forget about those who have nobody to spend Christmas with.
Not every child in the world wakes up Christmas morning in a happy home and not every person has somebody to sit down with to share a meal with on Christmas Day. We focus so much on the materialist things, such as the gift giving that's sometimes we just need to stop and give someone our time..Time is the best gift of all.

I am lucky, extremely lucky. I don't have to face any of these scenarios this year but that's not to say I won't in the future. So I ask you please to be conscious of those less fortune is year and I don't mean money wise. Not everyone will see this as a Happy Time of year and I'm sure for good reason, the best we can do is to understand and again to give our time to those who need it.

I hope you all have a special Christmas with the ones you love

Luv Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment