Sunday 10 April 2016

Its my Life (April 11th)

Hi  everyone, can you believe that its April already, it will be Summer before we know it. Bring on the sunshine (not that we get that much of it), I am so over this crazy weather. Last week went by so quick and it was a bit of a crazy one for me because so much happened, so let me explain.

On Thursday I popped into my local pharmacy to pick up some make up bits. I had previously purchased the Vichy Idealia serum and Night Cream there, after using them for about 2 weeks I posted a little review on my experience (which is what alot of bloggers do). In the review I not only spoke about the products but also about the amazing service that I had received. Because I work in retail I know that people can be very quick to give feedback on their negative experiences, very rarely will they shout about amazing ones. The pharmacy was so happy about the review that they had a gift ready for me when I called in. I was in complete shock, what a lovely thought, it was such a nice thing for them to do. I never expected anything in return, that was not my intention when writing it. They also had a gift for me to give away to my followers, so I am running a small competition over on my Facebook page until Thursday. Kindness really is a powerful thing because not only 2 weeks ago I was about to pack it all in, I had hit a wall and lost all confidence in my ability to keep it going. I had never received anything like this before, and I would never expect to. Its not why I started doing this, I started this blog for my sanity. Nobody owes me anything and I get overwhelmed sometimes by the amount of support I get from people, some who have never even met me. I feel extremely grateful and very blessed. 



On Wednesday I had a conversation with "a man about a dog" as they say in the country, regarding an idea for an event, a ladies night that I would host and organise. I am very excited about this whole concept and I think it's something that could be huge if I could pull it all off. The night itself would feature demos on tanning, nails, Brows, lashes, hair, fashion and styling etc. Mini masterclasses, slimming, fitness everything basically that us ladies thinking and talking about everyday, the possibilities are endless. The event would be free to attend and it would feature some of the up and coming, MUA's and bloggers etc. Its all still in the early days of organising but there is a very strong possibility it will be going ahead towards the end of May. I'll let you know more when I've confirmed if its going ahead and of course the details of the event itself.


This weekend we headed to Roscommon, a 2 and a half our drive for a house party.......we must be mad. It was a friends birthday and I hadn't seen her in a while so it was great to catch up. Safe to say I was a bit worse for wear. We started drinking at 6, prosecco and it was going down way too easy. The girls versus the boys on beer pong was so much crack and the girls lost, we were raging. Well I felt it the this morning, dying isn't even the word. I was in bits...and we had to be up and gone for 9:30am because we had to be home to attend a family dinner, fun times. At one stage I had a vodka and lucozade in one hand and a white Russian in the other. Why, oh why do we do it to ourselves seriously.


Well thats all for now, I'l love if you left me know your thoughts on the event, would you go and if so what you would love to see at it xx Have a great week everyone

Lots of Love Luv Lisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment