Thursday 3 November 2016

One step at a time

So I said I wouldn't write another blog post until I launched my new site, but I really feel like I need to fill you guys in on what's being going on. I'm sure by now most of you are aware that I am launching a small capsule collection as part of my blog. https://luvlisaxx.blogspot.ie/2016/10/introducing-luv-lisa-collection.html
Its crazy that I've thought about this for such a long time and done absolutely nothing about it, but the minute I decided to tell everyone it was all go. I suppose its a lesson that the minute you put something out there, you then HAVE to follow through, no going back. I've never been so pro-active in my whole life and I'm not sure if its pure drive, fear of FAILING or a combination of both. I had to get off my ass and put the idea into motion.

I always wanted to become a buyer in retail but I've learned that it is one difficult job. I went to Manchester last week on my holidays to source some wholesalers for my products and it was scary, daunting, very interesting and so much harder than I thought it would be. Standing in a showroom with rails and rails of stock with one sample of everything on them. Trying to decide how I was going to spend my hard earned cash, and yes it has been all of my own money I have put into this. NO INVESTMENT. Spotting products I've seen in well known boutiques, online stores and the high street, trying to stand out and be different against these retail giants seems impossible. Everything I thought I wanted as part of the collection was so disappointing in person, the quality was questionable and the finish cheap. It was interesting hearing other business men and women in action over there, pulling up in their MERC's and AUDI's  buying by the 100's and here is little old me with my suitcase in tow. It was nothing that I thought it would be, I knew it would be hard work but I didn't realise how hard. When you see people on social media with coffee in hand and a picture of a plane saying "off on a business trip", it looks so glamorous, but it is nothing like that. A long day up at 3am that morning, an hr drive, a plane, 2 trains, walking for miles and then back home again. But I loved it and I cannot wait to go back because I loved seeing the stock in person, getting to feel the product and look at the detail and fit of it. The pieces I choose I just love, I would personally wear them all but I picked each one with an occasion or person in mind. I just hope that you guys Love them too. A logo, a label, mailing bags, taxes, registrations, there is so much more to this then selling a few items of clothes. Each step I take no matter how small is a Milestone for me

I've gone through so much emotion over the past few weeks, mostly excitement, nerves (good nerves) and a massive sense of achievement. Even if this all doesn't work out, at least I know I've tried and I will never be ashamed for trying. I am waking up each morning with a sense of purpose, and I know that this is mainly because this is a new challenge for me. I am learning each day, and I know will make mistakes along the way and thats okay. I am honestly overwhelmed (and I know people always say this) but so many people have been so good to me, kind words, messages, offering help, every single thing pushes me that one bit further. Thank you so much for joining me on this journey and please don't forget to tell the WORLD. I will need as much help as I can get because I won't be able to do this all on my own.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Luv Lisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment