Friday 22 April 2016

Glitz n' Pieces Launch Event

As some of you may know,  I recently got invited to my first ever event as a Blogger. Yes my FIRST and I was so excited but oh so nervous at the same time. ME at an event!! When I started blogging it was only ever meant to be a hobby and it still is, I never really expected to be taken seriously, not to mind being invited to an event. I was so grateful for the invite and of course I couldn't turn it down, I had to go and see all of the Glitzy accessories and meet the girls and other bloggers. So off I went to the Glitz n' Pieces Launch at SAM's bar on Dawson St in Dublin. I was well aware of the brand Glitz n Pieces and I had seen plenty of their products on Instagram, Facebook and even top Irish bloggers and celebs wearing their stock. but of course me being me I wanted to be prepared and I did a little research before hand.


Glitz n' Pieces was established in 2013, by 2 young 19 year old girls called Ellen and Grace. Stocking jewellery, clothing, bags and accessories. They were in their first year of college when they set up the business. Only a few years later with a lot of hard work they quickly saw their business grow from hundred to thousands. They have been featured on the likes of Stellar, Xpose and Ireland AM and have even had some of their pieces worn on shows like the Only way is Essex.They have also won numerous awards but most recently won best online store in the Frockadvisor Awards on Xpose. On meeting the 2 girls it is clear to see that they are both very ambitious and driven, they are outgoing and friendly and made sure that everyone was comfortable and made feel very welcome. I really couldn't say enough about how nice they were, so professional but really down to earth. I was really in awe of what they have achieved


The event itself was in the swanky and impressive SAM's bar, (function room upstairs). Of course I was early, one of the first there. When I entered the room I was welcomed by the girls and we chatted about the business and my blog. The room was gorgeous and set up perfectly with so much detail, personalised chocolate bars and cupcakes. A candy cart/bar that I didn't even get anything from because I was too busy looking at all of the products. They had small rails of clothing, some fab summer pieces, cute shorts and kaftan's. The most beautiful jewellery and sunglasses, I literally wanted it all, but settled for a necklace and earrings. There was plenty of other bloggers/businesses and models in attendance and the strangest thing for me was how nice everybody was. I don't know what I was expecting but everybody was chatting and willing to take photos. Plus there was a selfie Photo booth there which was so much fun. The girls looked stunning, both dressed in all white (they didn't plan that) and everybody seemed to be having a great night. I really enjoyed the night and I was so impressed by the girls, it was a great 1st experience. Did I mention that these 2 girls are now 21, have their own business and the best thing about it all is that they are best friends. Well done girls, it was lovely to meet such beautiful, friendly and intelligent young women xx I wish you every success in the future, congrats on your award and thank you so much for inviting me to the first ever blogger event xx

Find them on 
                                                               http://glitznpieces.com
                                                              Instagram and Facebook


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic launch event it was! I am truly very pleased to have these details here. Well dear, I am also going to launch my bridal shop and want to host a launch event along with a grand dinner party. Could you please recommend any good event venue Chicago for this dinner party?

    ReplyDelete