Tuesday 4 August 2015

1st World Problems

So the weekend that was in it we made a decision to go out and be socialable (and of course have a few well earned drinks)  Now a few years ago I would be living for the weekend but the older I'm getting the more of a task it feels like to get ready. Gone are the days of having the girls over and getting dolled up to the nines before heading into town. So nowadays I start off my getting ready routine nice and relaxed and 2 hours later my room looks like a bomb literally exploded in it. The stress levels are high and I'm borderline ready to just give in and put on the p.js 

On Sunday I decided to do a bit of shopping and treat myself to something nice for the night out. I went off into the shops but I was in one of those indecisive moods, I even had to go back into 2 of the shops a second time because I couldn't make up my mind . In the end I settled for a top I seen in the window of River Island that was matched with a skirt I already had and I picked up a fab pair of michael Kors shoes (bargain) in work. All happy with myself that my outfit was picked out because that is literally the longest part of me getting ready. Off home I went got a shower and started to get ready. All going well so far and then I tried on the outfit I had picked out.... low and behold it didn't look anywhere near what I thought it would look like in my head earlier.  Panic started to set in. I've no clothes, nothing to wear, I'm not going out (just some of the thoughts going through my mind)... I proceeded to rip my wardrobe apart trying on the various amount of clothes I had. Things I had worn previously and loved on now all of a sudden looked digusting on me. I disected every bit of clothing I had, can't wear that because it's raining, that's too short, I hate my arms in that so on and on I went. Truth is many girls I know are the same and have the same issues with getting ready. It's like I turn into a 2 year old having a tantrum and as much as I tell myself I'm being silly it doesn't stop it happening.

So eventually I settled on a kakhi playsuit I had, still not happy because I didn't look like Jennifer Lopez off I headed out. Moral of the story is about half an hour later I couldn't have cared less what I was wearing because I was having fun and surrounded by friends. So why go through all the drama 2 hours before. Only god nows. Us women are no doubt a complicated species.  Xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment