Sunday 16 August 2015

Older and Wiser! Or just plain boring

Over the last few days I've been in a strangely mellowed out mood, now maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm on two weeks holidays. But as I approach my (ah hem) 34th birthday and I look back over the last few years I do wonder,  am I now older and wiser or have I just got very boring. Now don't get me wrong I know I'm not "old" but I'm certainly no spring chicken anymore and I'd rather relax at home than hit the tiles nowadays.


So you know how Facebook sends you notifications of memories you have had over the past few years. Well lately I've found myself cringing at mine, yes it's great to relive a memory you might have forgotten about but on the other hand it's embarrassing when you are reminded of some. The other day when looking through some of those "memories" I read one status I had written that said "I'm bored", seriously what was I actually thinking??? Was I looking for attention? This was only 4/5 years ago so again it's not like I was a teenage girl. What's crazy is I felt so mature then, but quiet obviously was not. 


Do you ever look back and think that you were a completely different person a few years ago? I do! I think I'm very different which leads to the question, am I older and wiser? For those of you that know me, every year around now I would be planning some crazy ass themed party for my birthday but this year I'd rather relax and do something small with family or close friends. Have I officially become boring? How in just a few years can my priorities have changed so much. It's not because I have kids,  I'd like to think that that has never really changed me all that much. Lately most things seem like such a big effort for example a night out, no longer feels worth it. Is this called being sensible? 


I've learnt so much over the last few years and I wouldn't want to turn the clock back for any reason. Being older and wiser isn't necessarily always a bad thing, however the one thing I do miss is how spontaneous I once was..we go through different stages in life and I'd like to think that everything comes round full circle. After all it's all just a state of mind xx





No comments:

Post a Comment