Sunday 27 September 2015

Insta-perfect

Let's face it most of us lead double lives!! The one we have on social media and the real one. Hands up I'm as guilty as any, I love to share details of my life on Facebook but the majority of the time I carefully choose what I want to share because I know I'll be judged. Lets be honest most of us of have done it, (judged) someone else on a picture or a status they've put up. Hell I've even blocked/deleted or unfollowed someone because I didn't like or agree with what they had said, depending on my mood at the time. We've all been in the situation were someone we barely know has sent us a friend request and of course we HAVE to accept because that would be just rude not to, wouldn't it! Endless facebook friends that we never speak to or that would barely say hello to you on the street but yet still virtual buddies.. It's crazy when you think about it all of these friends, but not really friends, and we are so eager to share our lives with them all.


I remember when I was younger hearing the term "to show face" which meant that you would show (to the public) that everything is good or okay, I often wonder is this what we do on social media every day? Happy holiday snaps, great nights out, fun family moments etc. We love to share these moments with the best intentions that loved ones or long lost friends get an update on how we are doing. But how many of us personally reach out to these people on a daily basis? You could be mistaken for looking at someones online profile and thinking that they have it all. Perfect life, family, always happy. It's what you call Insta-perfect. But nobody's life is as perfect as it seems, it's only what we choose to show to the world. Nobody really knows what's going on "behind closed doors" or in somebody's mind, sometimes things aren't as rosy as they seem, and it's hard to share these thoughts with your "online friends" without becoming the topic of conversation or gossip.


I'm well aware that I've shared some personal things online since I've set us this blog and I'm also aware that not only friends but total strangers may read these things. I call it my online diary but in 
reality would I let someone read my personal diary if I had one (probably not)....Ive refrained from 
posting negative things on my own personal page a long time ago because I was conscious of how it would come across. But we all have bad days so of course the negative should come with the positive so you'd think. It's not always like that though because if your too happy people be-grudge you and if your a bit down in the dumps you can come across as a bit of a "Moaning Michael". Fact is your 
never going to please everyone, and the strangest thing is these people are meant to be your friends right, friends that you have accepted into your online life.

On a final note being online, 
I sometimes feel so connected with life but I'm really disconnected in reality.

Drop me a comment and let me know what you think?

Luv lisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment