Friday 16 October 2015

Fabulous Friday (16th Nov)

Welcome back to Fabulous Friday, hope you guys are having an amazing day. Yesterday I went to visit one of my good friends and her latest venture, so I thought it only fitting that I feature this lovely lady this week. I've known this girl for sometime now (to say hello to in passing) and about 2 years ago I was very fortunate to get to work alongside her for 8 months (when we both worked for lifestyle sports). In that time we became good friends and I remember how she always spoke about wanting her own business. I was only delighted for her when she phoned me one evening, to tell me that she was going to take a chance and do it. I love people that go after their dreams and on this note I want to introduce my entrupenural friend Leila Bessaa.

Leila has opened her own store called One Oh Nine on the main street in Bray Town. Only opened 3 and a half months, I eventually got a chance to go visit her and the new store yesterday. Now let me tell you in a little bit about Leila. She has to be one of the calmest and most laid back people I know. This lady has not only opened her own store but is also in the process of building a house and planning a wedding at the same time. Now that's what you call a woman on the go. I am very proud of her and what she has achieved, the future looks bright for Leila and her business and I want to say a massive Congratulations and Best wishes.


The store itself is bright, inviting, well laid out and the perfect size, not too large and not too small. Designed in soft pastel colours the store feels warm and feminine. Everything is merchandised by colour, for example black and white (monochrome), burgundy/black/grey etc, which is something I love personally, as I find it easier to shop by colour rather than by trend. The store is stocked with brands as seen on Expose and Ireland AM but with prices that cannot be beaten. I proceeded to try on over half the shop and spent 2 hours deliberating over what to buy because I literally wanted it all...(but I have kids to feed) so I had to choose. Pictured below are only some of the items in store.



Leather look high waisted trousers €39 (3 different colours) I purchased these in the black and they are so comfortable.



Skirt and dress both featured on Expose..I picked up a similar skirt but in a bold electric blue . Cannot wait to wear it.

  

I also purchased this black coat, only €40 and it's perfect for a night out, light but warm and dressy.
The green bomber jacket was gone in my size :(



Here is the black jacket I purchased in a tan/camel colour €40. Also picked up this burgundy top with the side slit €22


I had a quick catch up with Leila about her journey so far and I also threw in a few questions;

So Leila what made you decide to start up your own business?

I've always wanted my own business from around the age of 12, I started working in retail at the age of 17 and I loved it, so it was then that I realised it was clothing store I would love to open. I also studied fashion and buying in Portobello college.

Owning your own business must be alot of work?

Yes it can be but it is worth it, my mam had her own bar and my Dad also had his own business, so I think its kind of in me. It's something I've always wanted, if your going to work hard for a living it might as well be for yourself.

What advice would you give to anyone that is thinking about doing something similar?

Research is everything, I did alot of that, it's not something I jumped into over night. I had retail
experience to help me make decisions and also to know what works and what doesn't.  Also you need to be ready to put in alot of work, it's not as glamourous as it looks

What brands/retailers do you love?

I've always loved topshop,  River Island and Warehouse. I've worked for Warehouse previously

How would you describe your style?

Depends on my mood. I obviously love to dress up when I'm going out, and I love being casual and
comfortable during the day

What celebs style do you love?

Victoria Beckham, love her look she always looks great, simple but stylish

What's next for you and your business? 

Soon I will be getting in some footwear, jewellery and accessories. In time I will also set up a website for the store to possibly allow people to purchase online.


If any of you want to have a further look at some more of the items in store, or to be kept up to date with the new arrivals follow Leila and her store on Facebook (one oh nine) Or pop in to say hello, she is located next to the AIB bank on lower Main Street Bray. A massive thank you to Leila for her time yesterday and for letting me write up this piece on her store. I am very proud and impressed at what she has achieved, and I for one will definitely be going back to visit the store to purchase more. If any one has any questions please comment below or send me a mail via facebook

Have a fabulous Friday everyone :)

Lisa xx







No comments:

Post a Comment