Thursday 26 November 2015

Fabulous Friday (The Wonder of Xmas)

With "silly season" fastly approaching (4 more weeks 😄), I've been thinking alot about Christmas and what makes me LOVE it so so much. I think it inspires me to be a nicer person, to give more, to spend more time with friends and family (and to spend more money 😉) and of course to think of those that are less fortunate.

It can be such a magical time of year especially if you have kids. Being a parent the excitement and lead up to Christmas is the best part. When I was young it was the such a memorable time in our home. My parents didn't have much but they made sure each Christmas was as amazing as the last of us. I've never seen as much food, tins of biscuits ( the good ould USA biscuits 😅) chocolates, drinks etc in our house. Always a bottle of sherry, brandy, whiskey, baileys to name a few to drink for those who would call around. Gifts for everyone you could think of even down to the postman. Endless Xmas cards from neighbours, friends and family with well wishes and best wishes for the year ahead. People took time out to visit each others homes, it was a real family time for us. These are my memories as a child. Oh and I almost forgot obviously there was the toys.... I cannot forget about the toys, you really appreciated what you got because you only got toys on your birthday and Christmas. I will be forever grateful to my Mam and Dad for making it such a special time for us as kids, for those feelings I get each year as Xmas approaches, all because of a very happy childhood.

I look at my own kids now and my only wish is to be able to make them as happy as I was as a child. Christmas movies by the fire, hot chocolate, going to see Santa and the Christmas lights etc. No money can buy those feelings, they are created from a very young age. You have to believe in the magic of Christmas. Even though it can be such a sad time of year for alot of people, for children it is so important to keep that innocence and belief in them as long as possible.  Memories and happiness is the greatest gift you will ever give them.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment