Tuesday 5 January 2016

What the New Year means to me

Hello everyone and welcome back, I hope your January is off to a nice start. January is always that month associated with dieting and getting fit, however its also the month we all seem to be broke, are depriving ourselves of all the goodies we love and of course the dreaded January blues...Its all indulgence and live for today during December and BAM 1st of Jan and the guilt kicks in. Its seems that everywhere I go at the moment all everyone is talking about is detoxing/tea-toxing, joining the gym, eating right and new year, new me mumbo jumbo. Personally I'm still going strong and dragging out the bad behaviour for the moment, but I have that slight guilt in the back of my head and I'm thinking "oh I'd love to be a bit leaner", my skin looking better and in general to feel good and not tired all of the time. Knowing me and how stubborn I am though I will probably just stay with the bad behaviour :)

To be honest years ago I had decided to not make New Years resolutions (and by that I mean giving something up or taking something on), because I never keep them. Its something I've always been crap at, a few weeks later and I've totally forgotten all about them. Of course as I enter a new year I do wish that certain things change, and also that some things don't. Not everything has to change in your life, somethings are perfect just the way they are, as the saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However every year I always wish that I could be a better person and by that I mean, more patient, understanding, just better in general. Because I'm a natural worrier and I tend to over think or think ahead too much, bringing in the New Year always makes me anxious, another year gone, another year older and less time to achieve my goals and dreams, to see the world and to spend more time with loved ones. Its stupid I know because time will always have to pass you by but leaving a year behind can hard for some as it closes a chapter. But with every door closed a new one opens and with that it brings new adventures and new memories.



So for me, I will probably lay low for the month of January, I will continue to eat, drink and do the things I love, because I honestly believe that life is way too short to be unhappy or deprive yourself of what you want. I will however continue to blog because I love it and its good for my mind (keeps me sane). Other than that I hope to have a few adventures/nights away, see more of my friends and family and to just enjoy my life. Before we know it we will be half way through the year trying to become "bikini body ready" and living for the Summer. So I hope you all achieve your wishes and dreams for the year ahead and don't be too hard on yourself when it comes to the dieting or getting fit. do what makes you happy and once you have your health that is all that matters.

Luv Lisa xx





No comments:

Post a Comment