Monday 14 March 2016

Its my Life (March 14th)

Hello everyone and welcome back, well that week flew by. Literally blinked and it was gone. Had a great start to the week being off on Monday and all, which by the way is a great day to be off, no Monday blues. By Tuesday I was flying off to London for a conference, so a large part of my week was spent travelling and queuing.... I feel like I spent the week queuing (I'll tell you more about that in a while. There is nothing quiet like having an alcoholic beverage in the airport, that holiday feeling, even though I wasn't going on holiday. So one drink in the airport and a small teeny tiny bottle of presecco on the plane and I was pissed. Well on it...I get drunk so easy but whatever it was about having bubbles on a plane I was fluttered. Off to London we headed

We were at Wembley stadium for the conference a very impressive venue, but lord jesus the security and queuing, see there was over 500 managers in one large room, so we queued to get into the room and out for each break and everything was buffet style so again, queues, queues and more queues but I really shouldn't complain because it was a fun trip overall. I had my typical mental melt down before we headed out to the night part of the event. I had packed 2 outfits but took the second one out last minute as my bag was over 20kg (must have been the 20 pairs of shoes I said I'd bring with me). So that left me with one outfit, a red dress, a beautiful dress. But I was having one of those "food baby" days, where my stomach looked like a little pot belly and my dress was super tight, and very boobie. Of course I forgot to bring boob tape and I felt I had a little too much on show.  So I was very conscious and couldn't relax for the first half of the night. A few vodkas later and I couldn't have cared less. It was a  great night, Oscar themed with an awards ceremony and all. I tell you something the Scottish are as mad if not crazier than the Irish. Off home we went the next day a little worse for wear, but at least I had the weekend off to look forward to so that kept me going.

When I have a weekend off we normally have something planned, we go home to Cork or away for the weekend. But this weekend we had no plans, no travelling and it was heaven. It was so nice to not  have to be on a time schedule for once. I often feel like every hour of my day is planned and sometimes its nice to wing it and to go with the flow. Saturday we went for a walk as a family, we never get to do things like that and Sunday we ate breakfast together!! That might seem like such a small thing but because we never get to do it, it made me realise how much of my life is consumed by work. Because I am mostly off mid week and John is off every weekend we tend to be like passing ships in the night sometimes. We invited our friends out for some dinner in our house on Sunday (they have just had a newborn and I needed snuggles) We chilled out, had dinner, dessert, drinks and it was so relaxing. Exactly what I needed. Time spent like this reminds me of how important it is to spend time with your family, friends and loved ones. Its good for the soul and puts life into perspective. We can become so busy with life that we forget about whats important. So thats it for this week

Don't forget to follow me on snapchat LuvLisaxx to catch up on all my daily ramblings. Till next week xx hope everyone has a good one x

Lisa

The only full length photo I have

No comments:

Post a Comment