Sunday 29 May 2016

Makeover Academy

Hi everyone hope you have all had a fab weekend in the sun,


So as some of you may know I recently organised and hosted my first ever event. If you have, you are probably sick of hearing me go on about it by now. But this really was a BIG DEAL for me, like HUGE and I was really putting myself out there. Anybody that knows me, knows that I love planning and organising (especially parties lol) So when this opportunity came up, how could I say no. I absolutely loved every minute of the organising part, seeing it all come together. It really got me thinking about how much I would love to work in event management and PR. I got to connect with so many amazing business women over the last few weeks, some who have been established for years and others that are just starting out. I really thought that when I started contacting people about the event, I would be quickly turned away, and it really surprised me how interested people were in the concept. I always had a vision that the event would be a girly night, involving most of the things we talk about on a daily basis, clothes, hair, makeup, skincare, fitness etc. All I needed were the experts and the brands. I had a short turn around to get it all together but everyone was very professional getting back to me,  I even had people who had contacted me asking if they could be involved. Yes there was one or two minor hiccups along the way. as expected, but nothing we couldn't rectify and overall it all came together quiet easily.


On the day of the event I had so much to do, every minute of my day was jam packed. I had been working all week at my day job, so it was hard as I didn't have much time on my hands during the week. But everyone arrived on the night (which was a big fear of mine people cancelling) Set up was in full swing and then it was show time. Now I know I may not seem like it, but I really don't like being in the spotlight so the thought of going on stage on the night was so daunting for me. I had wrote everything out that I wanted to say and then realised I couldn't take it on stage (it would have looked unprofessional) so I had to wing it!!Oh the pressure ....and I am the kind girl that it would be written all over my face, when I am nervous I forget to smile and I look very serious. Standing on that stage was very scary and the worst part was seeing people that I knew, I didn't mind the strangers. It is hard because you know people will judge and criticise you but if you spent your life worrying about that you would never do anything. The exhibitions were all amazing and really put in so much effort and the demos on stage were fantastic, the make up demo went down a storm, the fitness and nutrition was so interesting and the stylist did such an amazing job that some of the pieces sold out in the stores.



The night went by so quick and I was so happy to see all of my friends come and support me. It makes you realise how lucky you are to see your friends there for you. Everyone has been so fantastic to me and all the love and support means more than you know. People that owe me nothing were sharing the event on Facebook and talking about it on snapchat, everyone has been so kind. I would absolutely love the opportunity to do something like this again in the future. I already have people lined up for the next one, thats if I am lucky enough to get a chance to do it again. So thank you , thank you to all of those who came on the night, wished me well, shared, loved and supported me. Love to you all xx



A Massive Thank you to;

ShannonAine Makeup
SHFitness - Stephen Hurley
Leona O'Neill Nutrition
Live Breath Move - Marion
OMG Nails
Peter Mark
SJ's Beauty Room
Tir na Nog Beauty
Crystal Lashes at High Glamour
D-fine Hair and Beauty and Vintage Glamour - Great Lengths extensions
Makeup Eraser
TRND Beauty
Glam&Co Cosmetics
Rebecca Rose Stylist
Photos by Amy - Photographer







A very Special Thank you to the Bridgewater Shopping Centre for letting me have this amazing oppurtunity

2 comments:

  1. Hey its your stalker. You did great. Applause Applause Applause. Can you send me an autographed picture before you hit the big time and I get a restraining order

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crazy, not at all. I'll always stay the same and if not you'll be there to tell me otherwise xx

      Delete